I’ve developed SharePoint Timer job in moss and gained a lot of experiences with deploying, configuring, debugging and updating it. The problem I had faced was my timer job changes don’t affect. Even after deploying multiple times then also changes are not affect in timer job. After lots of efforts finally I got the steps which will reflect the changes in timer job every time I deploy the solution. Here is the steps (my project type is WSPBuilder):
- In visual studio 2008 right click on solution, Select WSPBuilder -> Uninstall.
- Check the dll of your solution name in C:WINDOWSassembly and if you find your dll then right click on dll and select Uninstall.
- Restart Windows SharePoint Services Timer from the Services.
- Right click on solution, select Build.
- Right click on FEATURES folder of solution and select Copy to 12 hive.
- Right click on solution, WSPBuilder -> Copy to GAC.
- Right click on solution, WSPBuilder -> Copy to 12 hive.
- Right click on solution, WSPBuilder -> Build WSP.
- Right click on solution, WSPBuilder -> Deploy.
- Now you can run you timer job. You will got the changes.
After following above steps sometimes you might got changes in timer job. For that follow the below steps:
- Make changes in code which you want to do in code.
- After that right click on solution, WSPBuilder -> Upgrade. One popup is come to you for Rebuild Solution, click on Yes button.
Note: If you do not get this popup then your code might not be changed. So, for that again make some changes in you code and try again Step no.1 and 2 until you get this popup.
- Right click on solution, select Clean.
- Right click on solution, select Rebuild.
- Follow the same steps from First way (1 to 10).
Sameer J. Vaghela