Ohh, Welcome to my blog. Are you looking for the stuff which helps you to transfer your Google Blogspot posts to your own WP Blog Site? You are on right page.
I have recently completed this for our company blog site. Here, I am sharing my experience with you.
I have referred lots of stuff over internet. Eventually find one very good blog and done up with my task.
Follow below steps to import blog and to set redirection code:
A. Import Blog from Google
- Get one suitable domain name for your blog. If you have already domain name for your business, you can setup sub domain. E.g.
Company Domain – http://www.trimantra.com
Blog Domain – http://blog.trimantra.com
- Setup wordpress for this domain.
To download – https://wordpress.org/download/
To install – http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
- It’s time to import your blog post from Google Blogspot
- Go to “Tools” -> “Import”
- Click on “Blogger”
- Click on “Install Now”, you will get below screen
- Activate Plugin & Run Importer
- Now you will be asked for authorization of blogger gmail account, login into gmail
- Allow Access
- Click on Import
- Let importer complete import. If you can’t see progress. Click again on “importing…” & “Continue..”.
- You will get “Set Authors” in place of “Import” button when you get done with import. Click on that button.
- Choose author you want to set for all blog post from available users. Admin user will be there selected by default.
- Click “Save Changes” Button and now you have done importing
- Once you done with this start setup of “301 Redirection”.
B. Setup 301 Redirection
Now, it is time to setup 301-redirection for new blog. 301 redirection which means a lot for any website transfer. You can read about 301-redirection here https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/93633?hl=en
Generate Redirection Code,
- Install plugin Blogger To WordPress, For help on how to install plugins to your WordPress blog, check out our guide on How to manage plugins in WordPress.
- Installation and activation of plugin will create menu “Blogger to wordpress redirection”, Click on it. You can see menu in below screenshot.
- Click on “Set Configuration”
- Click on “Get Code”
- You will get “Generated Code”, copy it
Copy Code to Blogger.com Template,
- Go to your blogger dashboard
- Click on template and Edit HTML
- Paste code in place of template code and save template
C. Verify Redirection Code Setup
- Go back to WP “Get Code” screen and click on “Verify Configuration” button to verify if redirection Is working or not.
You are done. Any of your blogger link redirect user to your wordpress blog.
Have a happy blogging.
Blog Transfer Reference: